Pages

14 Oct 2022

Summer in the Country Blocks.

 I've been out of action for a while after a bad flare up of an old back injury, so not much has been happening here at all as I can't sit for long or do much at all.  I also have my glasses away getting a new prescription put into the frames, so I can't really see to sew without them. But I'm getting more mobile each day and starting to feel much better.

Before I got laid up in bed I did complete two more of the blocks for Summer in the Country

The first block is Star Flower.



and the next is Summer Kites



I won't be able to sew until I get my glasses back so I don't think much more will get done before we leave for Tasmania. I have been looking at doing some hand sewing projects to take with me and have ordered some beautiful Tilda fabrics for a quilt I have in mind. 

Other than that not much is happening here, just lots of rain, lots of laying about. I am going to start decluttering some of the cupboards that I don't need to bend down for this week and try and get a load to the op shop but I need to still take it steady. DH has been busy working around the yard, there is much to do but its nice starting to see progress.

4 comments:

Vireya said...

Hope your back is OK again soon. Enjoy your trip to Tassie! My sister recently moved there, so I will have to take a trip to Tassie myself some time.

Jan said...

thanks Vireya, You will like Tassie, its a long time since we've been there but is was such a pretty, friendly place.

Practical Parsimony said...

My back would hold me back if I tried to sew. I just don't have my machine set up. Someday, I will ask quilt questions on my blog. I need to know things I probably cannot find in books. Yours are so pretty.

Jan said...

Yes, the set up needs to be right of you get uncomfortable sewing quickly. Theres lots of good you tube videos about starting quilting.