Pages

25 Sept 2022

RSC - Flimsy is done!

 I've been busily sewing up my RSC blocks since I last posted (and we had a week away) and I'm pleased to post that I've joined them all up.  I spent some time trying different layouts and decided I liked the pattern better not on point.

Heres how it looks on the bed...


I'm so happy with it and I loved making it. I want to add a border, possibly dark blue or yellow - or perhaps both, so I will think on that for a while.

I've also taken a bit of break from being online as we had another trip away for a week. Old work friends of mine from catch up ever few years and so a last minute get-together was arranged. I have missed the last few so it was just great to see everyone again. 

DH and I stayed on for a bit of holiday and visited lots of lovely beaches down the South Coast, walked for hours most days and then laid about enjoying the ocean view from our cabin on the beach in the evenings. 

Heres a few pics of our time away..

View from inside our cabin as the sun comes up



... and we just walked down this little track to get onto the beach...




We also did some travelling to a few different places,  countryside is SO green and there is water everywhere. This is at Tilba - the place where River Cottage Australia was filmed.


Tilba is a National Trust Village with lots of lovely old shops and pretty gardens. 



We bought some cheese, jams and chutneys from the Tilba Dairy and I can recommend them - very tasty and plenty of  gluten free products.



The fragrance from The Bath Patisserie was lovely & it was filled with all sorts of luxurious bath products so I picked up some lovely soap for myself.


While we were away Queen Elizabeth passed away. I remember watching her Christmas address every year as a kid, it was just part of our Christmas Day growing up, and singing God Save the Queen each week at assemblies. Each classroom had a picture of here above the blackboard so she was very much part of our lives as kids even though we live in Australia. I think she was a remarkable woman given that she was never meant to be Queen.

So we're back home now until our next trip in November and I'm feeling ready to get more stuff decluttered. I want to get new carpet put down in the lounge room and give the bathroom a 'refresh' - so thats what I'll be mostly working on as well and finishing up Summer in the Country before I start another quilt.

I'm off to catch up on my blog reading & linking up to SoScrappy  Quilting Patch and OhScrap.


21 comments:

Terra said...

I can not imagine a more beautiful quilt, I love the bright cheerful colors, and what an idyllic view from your cabin on your vacation, and that quaint little town.

Helenchaffin said...

great job on your finished top,the colors are fun & cheerie

slugmama said...

Even if Edward hadn't abdicated, since they didn't have children, Elizabeth would have ended up as Queen(unless Edward had married someone other than Wallis and had kids with them, but that's all speculation, isn't it?).
Lovely holiday and a nice cheery quilt you made there. 8-)

Jan said...

Thanks Terra

Jan said...

thanks Helen

Jan said...

ooh I hadn't thought of that!

Bonnie said...

What a fantastic quilt. It is going to be stunning when finished. I'm already thinking about what block I'll choose for RSC in 2023. Lots to choose from and I might pick two. Time will tell. Queen Elizabeth was a most amazing woman. It will be interesting how the monarchy will proceed over the next years.

Nann said...

Your rainbow Carolina Crossroads flimsy looks wonderful! I enjoyed your vacation photos -- a great getaway.

Nann said...

Oops! Carolina Chain, I meant to write.

Jan said...

Theres so many great blocks to choose from for RSC isn't there, I'm already planning 2023 too :)

Jan said...

Thanks Nann, it was good to be near the beach again - so soothing to listen to the waves each day.

Vireya said...

Sounds like a fantastic trip away!

T'Pol said...

I love the quilt! It is so pretty! Glad you enjoyed your travel. The pictures are awesome.

Sara said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! So bright and cheerful.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your quilt top is wonderful! And it looks like you had a great time enjoying your vacations ;)
Thank you for sharing, and linking up.

Chookyblue...... said...

your RCS quilt looks great////////always interesting to see what everyone makes..........
looks like a lovely spot to have a holiday............

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your RSC quilt looks amazing. Love the bright colors. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Ivani said...

Lovely RSC quilt and gorgeous photos form the ocean Cost, sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Janice said...

Gee, the quilt top has turned out well. So nice and colourful. Have fun with the borders. It sounds like your little break down the south coast was enjoyable too. It always seems to be so green down there.

Sandy Panagos said...

Your RSC quilt is so pretty! Does is really need a border? Thanks for sharing the pics of your lovely trip. Looks so nice.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting your RSC project to the flimsy stage and thanks for sharing your beautiful holiday photos with us!!