Well its the last day of 2020, a year like no other! Time for the monthly & annual progress report on Year 3 of my 5 year plan to retire.
In 2020 DH's income went up as he returned to full time work. My income went down considerably as my second job dwindled down to less than one hour per week. We both contributed the maximum to our retirement savings (super), watched it plummet early in the year and then watched it bounce back.
- current balance: $62,991
- down from: $66,976
- total reduction: $3,985
- start balance: $101,991
- end balance: $62,991
- total reduction: $39,000
- current balance: me: $194,374 DH: $368,364 total: $562,738
- up from: me: $189,980 DH: $361,150
- increase: me: $4,394 DH: $7,214
- total increase: $11,608
- start balance: me: $157,700 DH: $341,226
- end balance: me: $194,374 DH: $368,364
- increase: me: $36,674 DH: $27,138
- total increase: $63,812