Pages

4 Sept 2022

RSC - Joining up the blocks!

There is something special about scrappy quilts. Taking all the small pieces, leftovers from other projects or fabrics that have been in the stash for years and turning them into a beautiful quilt. I never tire of looking at all the different scrap quilts that quilters make.

I've been busy sewing more blocks for my RSC Carolina Chain quilt as I only had about half the number I need. This morning I started joining the small blocks together into larger four patches and I am so happy with how it's looking. 



I want to get all of the large four patch blocks done this month so I know I'll be spending a lot of time this week at the sewing machine making more smaller blocks. Then next month I should be able to complete the top. My sewing table is busy!


Linking up with SoScrappyOhScrap. and QuiltingPatch

"When life gives you scraps, make a quilt"


14 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty nine-patches, it's going to be a joyful quilt! I love the red owls ;)
Thank you for sharing and linking up!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

So fun and colorful!!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Pretty rainbow colors! The quilt will be bright and beautiful!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's going to be so pretty! I agree, there's nothing better than a scrappy, colorful quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on making such good progress on this vibrant RSC quilt!

Jenny said...

Such gorgeous colours in your blocks!

Practical Parsimony said...

You have inspired me to make a quilt like yours. I think I like this type quilt best of all. I will buy clothing from a thrift store since I lost lots of material and scraps with my house. I love your blog.

Jan said...

Thankyou xx If you get mens shirts they are good to use to make quilts from. Have a look at Bonnie Hunters site quiltville - she has lots of lovely free scrappy quilt patterns.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

that is going to be one scrumptious scrap quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Ivani said...

Oh Happy blocks! So colorful and scrappy. It will be a great RSC quilt.

Chantal said...

I love scrappy quilts too, especially other people's quilts because they are made with new-to-me scraps and are fun to see. All your blocks are no exception. They are such cheerful colours. It will be a happy quilt for sure. Enjoy! ;^)

Vireya said...

Love your rainbow Carolina Chain!

Sandy Panagos said...

I feel the same way about scrap quilts. So fun! Love your Carolina Chain blocks!

Janice said...

It is going to be such a happy quilt. The other fun thing when I see scrappy quilts is to spy fabrics I have used or are in my stash (none in your quilt).