Pages

25 Mar 2022

I'm Retired!


via GIPHY

I've been sitting here watching the last few minutes of the countdown go down to zero and now its official - I'm retired! 

It's nine months earlier than planned when I started this blog in December of 2017 with a goal of retiring in five years - 'and so it begins'

This last week didn't really go as planned. DH had a bike accident and ended up having surgery - he's doing OK, just has a lot of sitting about ahead of him for the next few weeks while he recovers. So I ended up only working three days this week.

I had wonderful farewell with a few tears, lots of laughs and sharing of memories. I've been given a VERY generous Spotlight gift voucher to spend on fabric - they know me well lol!

We're having a celebration dinner tonight - theres a roast dinner in the oven - and I'm pretty confident of a good nights sleep ahead. 

And so a new chapter begins in the morning.  I'm planning on spending the day sewing. I have fabric parcels to open, Sweet Dreams to get caught up on and so much I want to do!

I also just want to send a special shout out to Simple Savers friends who've been such an encouragement over many years and played a big part in me achieving my goal xxx

 " A wise woman once said 'I'm Outta Here!' and she lived happily ever after."



11 comments:

Shelley said...

Congratulations (to you) and I'm glad that hubby is recovering - sort of like a "joint retirement" for now!

Out My window said...

I am so proud to you as my eldest used to say! I can't wait to see pictures of your creations. I love that fact that you did this through a blog, that is how I finally got to a somewhat peaceful place in my finances. I hope your husband recovers soon. Poor guy. All mine did was spill a gallon of juice.

Jan said...

thanks Shelly, yes its like we a few weeks of 'practice' in lol!

Jan said...

thanks Kim ((hugs)) the blogging has really helped I think, just sharing the progress and the accountability of posting the numbers, helped me stick to it. I think DH will get restless soon, he's not to good at sitting still :)

Practical Parsimony said...

Congratulations! We should throw you a party!

Frogdancer said...

Welcome to the club!

Jan said...

Thanks :) Feel free to have a little celebration lol! we had a nice family dinner, I would have gone out to eat if it wasn't for covid & we have a big sporting event here this weekend so staying safe at home.

Jan said...

thanks Frogdancer :)

Caree Risover said...

Well done for making it, now the fun really can begin with life for living, not working.

T'Pol said...

Congratulations Jan! Wishing you the best in your new chapter.

Jan said...

Thanks T'Pol - so far its wonderful! :)