Pages

21 Mar 2022

Sweet Dreams - Five days to go!

 Well this is the last Monday morning I will be getting ready for work. I have just five days to work until that counter ticks over to zero and then I'm retired!

 I've hardly sewn since I last posted, just busy with finalising work projects and too tired to do much else when I get home. But I did finish one more Sweet Dreams block - #8 and have a few more cut out ready to go.


I'm looking forward to next week when I can just rest, relax and start decompressing. I have ordered more comic book boards and I've also put in an order for some gorgeous fat quarter bundles that were on sale - a retirement present to myself! 

At work I'll be packing up the last of my office furnishings and bringing it home each day and saying my goodbyes. My farewell will be via a Teams meeting and then its just handing in my keys on Friday.  I'm just going to focus on enjoying my last week and catching up with old work colleagues - the final countdown is here!

"What do you call a person who is happy on Mondays? Retired!"

6 comments:

Toula said...

Congratulations on achieving your retirement goals. You will so enjoy next Monday when your life is no longer governed by an alarm clock, no more meetings to attend and no more reviews to participate in.

Practical Parsimony said...

Congratulations!

Out My window said...

Oh my word, only a few days. You will fill your calendar so full you will wonder if you really retired.

Jan said...

thankyou Toula :)

Jan said...

thanks!

Jan said...

can't wait!