Pages

28 Mar 2022

Sweet Dreams blocks catch-up

 I've been catching up on the Sweet Dreams blocks over the weekend as well as catching up on sleep. It was so nice this morning to sleep in and then just have a leisurely breakfast with no thoughts of work in my head at all! 

I fussy cut flowers for both blocks, this is block 7.  I made a few mistakes with the direction of triangles and so it took twice as long as it should of with quite a bit of unpicking and re-doing, but its a gorgeous block now its done.


§Block 9 was simpler and quicker to sew.




On Saturday I finally  hung my 'design wall' up in the lounge room and then had a lovely time rearranging the blocks throughout the day until I settled on this arrangement for the centre panel.  I added the first border and I'm quite happy with how its coming together.


I opened my fat quarter package - its fabulous! I'll post some pics soon. I'm going to have lunch now and then catch up on MAFs lol!   

2 comments:

Out My window said...

This just amazes me. I cannot cut or sew a straight line. But I can make a pattern out of newsprint by just looking at a dress and then duplicating it.

Jan said...

I'm sure there's a few straight lines in those wedding dresses! You're a very talented lady Kim :)