Pages

12 Jan 2021

Back to work!

Yesterday was my first day back at work after the holidays. I always enjoy that first day back as theres few people around and no-one else working in my building so it gives me some time to get organised before it gets busy again.

One of the first things I did was swap my Year 3 printed calendar for my 'Year 4' one. When I set my five year goal I printed of five years of calendars on that first day back at work. Every week I cross the days off as I get closer to my retirement goal. I've saved them all and they do help keep me motivated.

So at the moment I'm working on my job application for a higher grade position for 12 months. I had a meeting about it yesterday, it's certainly going to be a lot of work to get my head around in a short time. 

Our tenants gave notice and moved out last week. Our new tenant has moved in and we raised our rent as it was little behind the current market. So now the rental income completely covers the loan repayments which is great. 

I've also signed up for course/mentoring for the next year to help me create an online business doing the consulting I do in my second job. My plan is to spend this year planning & setting up so that next year I can start doing a bit of work part-time & I will continue that when I retire. That way I can work for myself just one day a week & use that money to live on, leaving my savings to grow for a bit longer before accessing them.

I'm off now for a morning walk!

 

2 comments:

Out My window said...

You are sticking to your strategy and it is working!

Jan said...

yes, it felt like such a big goal at the start but we're getting there!