Pages

5 Mar 2020

Mortgage no longer six figures!


How good it was to log into the bank this morning and see the new mortgage balance:


                  $99,972


We are FINALLY under six figures, a few months later than planned but it feels so good to finally get here!  Now when I look at that number its only 10 lots of $10,000 - or 20 lots of $5,000 - thats what I need to focus on from here on in. I might make a payoff chart that I can colour in.

So we've have paid a total $78,581 ($67,298 + $11,255 interest) off the mortgage since I started blogging. Thats an average of $3022 per month. I have another month of a lot of bills and then I'll be able to get back to throwing every extra cent  at the mortgage.

8 comments:

Out My window said...

I was there just a few years ago you can do this. So exciting.

T'Pol said...

Congratulations on the mortgage! How wonderful.

Jan said...

thanks Kim, It does feel exciting again :)

Jan said...

Thanks T'Pol, its a good feeling :)

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the mortgage! That surely feels good!

Jan said...

Thanks Lisa, it makes it seem more within our reach now. :)

Mandy said...

That's wonderful!! Congrats on your progress!

Jan said...

thanks Mandy! :)