Pages

3 Mar 2020

February Progress Report

February has been a really busy month  Heres the numbers:

Mortgage
  • current balance: $100,277
  • down from: $101,221
  • total reduction: $944
Not a lot of progress on the mortgage this month.

Retirement Savings
  • DH: $344,899
  • me: $157,790
  • total: $501.689
  • total reduction: $12,938

Our balance two weeks ago, before the market started dropping  was $524,000  - so its only dropped 2.3% so far. I am not worrying about the market drop, it means I'm now buying stocks at a discount. In the 2008 GFC I made the foolish mistake of moving my retirement funds and so missed out on a lot of money as the market recovered. I've learned my (expensive) lesson and I'll just keep saving the same amount regardless of the market.

Home

Just plodding along with my flylady routines. I got my pantry decluttered and, given the corona virus warnings, have restocked most of my stockpile. Not much else done as I have just been too exhausted from work.

Health

Not so great this month.  The last few weeks have really shown me how much my work impacts my health. I'm not sleeping well, feeling on edge and having trouble keeping up.  I walked in the morning 12 times and most weeks walked at work 3 x a week. I have put back on some of the weight I lost.

Work

Work has been really busy and very stressful including several critical incidents.  Its lots of stress at the moment so I'm just not keeping up very well at all. I return to my old second job this week. Months like this really remind me of how well I felt when I had my year off and how much I want to feel like that again.

Life

I have been too tired to do anything outside of work this month and didn't get much done on my quilting project. But I did start piecing some kids quilt tops which I really enjoy and I crotchet most evenings. I also finally got some reading in this month and did my fair share of napping on the lounge on the weekends.

Also I emptied the emergency fund this month to help pay for the air conditioner, so that will need to be refilled.





No comments: