Pages

11 Feb 2019

a progress report, sort of!

The last few weeks I've taken a bit of a break from being online as much as usual. I've just been in a bit of a funk about work- another good colleague I have worked with for many years is leaving & someone else quit on the spot 2 weeks ago. I'm skipping my usual first of the month update format this month for a general chit chat.

 I've been cheering myself up by working on my fabric & yarn stash, doing a lot of sewing & crotchet for my charity groups. My sewing room had gotten in quite a mess in the last 2 years. I had boxes all over the floor and stacked up on the desk.

After three weeks working on it, I now have the floor almost fully cleared and the desk stacks are about half as big as they were. I have sent several parcels off to my charities with tote bags, baby rugs, kids blankets, stuffed toys and childrens clothes. I'm aiming at sending a parcel every two weeks until I've restored order. I really love sewing and its my stress relief so its been good for me to get back to it. I have also started a Sarah Fielke BOM as well so I can get better at hand applique. Honestly, when I retire I'll be sewing everyday!

On the finance side we've made some good progress!  Our mortgage is now at $128,992.  Our retirement funds have hit $404,808.

One decision I have made about work is to take leave a bit more often. I had been saving my leave for when I resign but I think I need more frequent breaks to stay there for longer, so I have taken a week off next month and I'm going to use that time to finish the decluttering and maybe even get the painting started.

I've also been walking three days a week which just is a great way to start the day.

So thats my update for mid Feb.  1448 days to go!


4 comments:

SAM said...

I made the mistake of not taking time off at my last job and nearly burned up. The 5 week pay out was nice, but not worth the stress. I take frequent days off now, plus my vacation weeks and I find I like working so much more.

Jan said...

yes its easy to just try and keep going, even when we know we're tired out, but its not worth getting sick for. Good to hear that work is going better for you!

T'Pol said...

I am so glad you are taking days off and taking care of yourself. Cleaning and de-cluttering has a soothing effect on most people. I am sure all that activity helped you feel a lot better. Kudos on the financial achievements!

Jan said...

thnx :) it does feel better to look around the house as we get rid of more things and see more space and more tidyness. Its more calming to come home to than lots of clutter.