Pages

15 Feb 2019

...taking a deep breath!

Its been quite a long and stressful week. February & March is always the most hectic time for me at work - long hours, lots of upset & distressed clients and an inbox that fills as fast as I can empty it. So Monday morning I arrived to find the building I work in completely flooded - and this is not the first time its happened but its the first time its happened at the start of the year.

So its been a very chaotic week, no access to files, no suitable workplace and lots of frustration - not to mention that my office stinks and is going mouldy as we speak.  Our organisation has had huge funding cuts and staff cuts in the thousands over recent years so its difficult to get anything done fast.

This week has been lots of counting to 10... lots of 'slow down and take a deep breath' moments ...

I'm so glad I booked some leave in a few weeks!

I was going to post some photos of my sewing & crotchet this morning but I have lost my phone - hopefully it turns up soon.

And on a more positive note I've decided I'm going to work through 'The Artists Way' book - a 12 week, reflective process to help creativity.  It will be my little escape from the day to day stuff as I feel I'm just getting sucked into work drama at the moment. So if anyone want to join me I'm going to start this weekend - will post more about it then.

Bring on the weekend!

4 comments:

Cheapchick said...

It's hard enough to work in stressful circumstances let alone deal with the flood - I truly hope your work environment improves

T'Pol said...

Oh my! I hope they remedy the situation quickly. Is it possible to work from home while the office gets sorted out? Enjoy your weekend!

Jan said...

I can't really work from home unfortunately as I see 4-8 clients a day- I now have a temporary office for the next few months while it gets fixed. I'm SO glad its the weekend!:)

Jan said...

thanks :) I'm just glad I had already put in for some leave soon, I'm thinking about taking even more leave at the minute