Pages

1 Apr 2018

March Progress Report

Mortgage
  • $158,464, down from $161,494
  • redraw $9,157, up from $5,592
  • $535 total mortgage increase
Retirement Savings
  • mine - $93,157
  • DH - $252,042
  • Total - $345,199
  • $6,921 total decrease
Groceries

Another month where I spent than I'd like. Mostly due to all of us being sick and having to work longer hours. When I'm tired and unwell its just easier to grab food at the corner shop and my tracking gets behind as well.

I will add these numbers in later.

Health

We've all been sick with whatever the latest viral illness is thats doing the rounds. Headaches, sore throat, nausea and it hangs around for several weeks unfortunately. I also had a flare up of arthritis which slowed down my walking efforts. I gained 600g, which is OK given how little exercise I've done.

I saw my dr and she's pleased with my progress but I need to add weights training, up the exercise and get more weight off, so next month I'll be going back on Dr Fuhrmans eating plan.

Work

Work has really ramped up to being more than I can keep up with. I missed a few days sick and I'm doing the best I can to stay out of the politics. Colleagues have been leaving as they get laid off and its been high stress due to some serious incidents.  I'm doing better at managing the stress but I'm looking forward to the day when I don't have to!  I started my extra work which is demanding, but enjoyable.

DH's workplace has been very difficult. He has let them know he will leave with a payout - not at all ideal and will seriously impact our plans. Every day I expect he will tell me he's been laid off.

Home

We haven't done any major work around the house this month, mainly due to everyone being sick and working longer hours.  I have done a bit more decluttering, but only a little.

Other

We issued notice to our tenants to move out after they were caught out attempting to deceive us about finances. We did a few minor repairs to the unit and it has been leased to new tenants at a higher rental income.

We had an unexpected car repair bill of almost $700 and I also am reducing the use of the credit card, so I paid it ahead of time. I also accidentally paid $1000 off a credit card we no longer use!  This resulted in our mortgage/redraw payments actually increasing our debt this month - but it will be corrected next month.

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

A bit of a rough month for you. How long has your hubby been at his job? Would a payout greatly decrease your mortgage? It may actually allow you to do things sooner than you hoped and he could perhaps find something else he likes better to continue to pay down bills. I've accidentally paid a phone bill we no longer had - that is when I started deleting payors in my online bank account that we no longer had, that error can't be made again. It took months to get the money back.

Jan said...

yes, thats how I paid the wrong one - its deleted now and they are organising to repay. He's been there about 12 years. I think they are hoping he'll quit so they don't have to pay him. A payout would probably be only six months wages, if he got work soon after we would be ok but last time he got laid off it took two years till he got something and he's much older now, though also much more qualified. Its the not knowing that bugs me most!