Pages

9 Apr 2018

Food & weight loss success.

The last few weeks I've been flat out at work and working two days a week after my day job doing the extra work I took on. So not as much time for blogging unfortunately.

I've been doing really well with eating lots more veggies and fruit and less processed food.  I made a lovely soup yesterday using up all the veggies that had seen better days and added a couple of tins of beans, some turmeric, cumin, herbs, rocket and celery leaves. It cooked away all day in the crockpot and tasted really good. I froze it in single serves.



I always chop the leaves off the celery and freeze them, then I use them up in soups.  I also do that with any herbs that might be starting to wilt. I never use salt in cooking (history of kidney problems) and I find celery is a good replacement.

I've been eating lots of salads for lunch with pumpkin or sweet potato, no cheese, dairy or oil, so eating two avocados a week as well as a handful of nuts & seeds each day.


I cooked up a big pan of zucchinis, tomato and onion- just cooked them in a little stock, no oil and then put them in a tray in the oven for a while. So I just add some pumpkin or sweet potato or other veggies for an evening meal



I made a big batch of chickpea and veggie curry and froze it in single serving sizes so I can grab a meal easily when I get home from work.



My basic meal plan this month is no meat, dairy, oil or sugar. I have had a few things 'off-plan' but I'm 95% on plan.  I feel much better, achey joints have stopped, concentration is better and I could not resist jumping on the scales this morning - I have lost 3.6kgs / 8 lbs since the start of the month!!

So I'll keep on eating this way and I'm back to walking now daylight savings is over. I get my blood tests done at the end of the month and hopefully I've got  the insulin resistance down. 





3 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Wow, well done - 8 lbs loss since the beginning of April? Thats incredible!

Jan said...

Thanks :) I was really surprised at how much I dropped, I am hoping I'll move past this weight plateau now and keep losing.

Practical Parsimony said...

You have really done well. I rarely use salt, but I have no history of trouble with it. Instead of salt, I use celery, bell pepper, garlic and onion for seasoning in many things I cook.