Pages

18 Jul 2022

Home again & RSC - Purple scraps

 We arrived back home yesterday morning from our trip. It was great to get away but its always nice to get back home again. 

 This month is purple for RSC and I had a lot of purple scraps. I had made some of my RSC Carolina Chain blocks for the month before I went away so yesterday I finished them up.



Then I made some two inch strips with the remaining purple scraps which I can make into 4 patches later.


Heres a few more pics from our holiday. We spent a lovely day in the Warrumbungles National Park. Stunning views, very peaceful and quiet. Lots of birds and lots of kangaroos about enjoying the sunshine.












We also visited Milroy Observatory in Coonabarbran and had a great night looking at the stars under the full moon after a stunning sunset.




I love the purple skies at sunset




Then the moon rose as the purple sky went to black.




... and this was a close up of the moon through the telescope



 I love being in the bush in Australia. Can't wait to go up here again next year. Now its time to get on with more decluttering and making a start on some of the jobs around the house 

Linking up to SoScrappy,  Oh Scrap & Monday Making

10 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great job on the purple RSC blocks! I enjoyed your vacay photos, too!

SAM said...

I've enjoyed your pictures of your trip. I'd love to be able to see those places in person, but settling for tagging along. Your quilt pieces are lovely. Retirement is suiting you well.

Nann said...

Gorgeous sunset and moon photos! We got to feed the kangaroos at Caversham Wildlife Park in WA.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh wow!!! those photos are amazing! What a beautiful place !! and all those kangaroos!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are glorious. And, you've captured them with wonderful color and framing, so to speak. I can see some of the sunset to evening pictures becoming quilts. And, I have to wonder what the baby roo (or maybe he is a teenager?) looking for in mom's pouch. More food? My computer is acting up so it's only letting me comment anonymously. brsinstitches at gmail . com. Bonnie

Out My window said...

I just love all the blocks you make.

Jan said...

thanks Bonnie, the orange and purple colours in the sunset is not a combination I would have ever thought of, so they might be good in a quilt together one day. That little joey was putting his head in and out of mums pouch for quite a while- probably having a drink of milk I think.

Practical Parsimony said...

I need to cut scraps for a quilt.

Vireya said...

Beautiful photos from your trip! I made a Carolina Chain quilt a few years ago, and it is one of my favourites.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome home and thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos!!