Pages

28 Jul 2022

Summer in the Country blocks

I've been working on my Summer in the Country quilt blocks over the last week. I'm really happy with how the blocks are looking, its a lovely pattern to work on.  Here's the new three completed blocks and I have four more cut out to sew up over the coming few days.

Picnic Star - a definite favourite - this would be a great block to do a whole quilt top with.







and Firefly



I had to call into work briefly this morning to drop something off and I really noticed how rushed everyone was and so busy. I felt a bit out of place really. Made me realise how much I've slowed down and moved on from it.

DH and I have been enjoying sitting out on the verandah having coffee at morning tea time, just relaxing and talking. I've decided that we'll make sprucing up the verandah our first project now that we have time to sit out there during the day. It needs a good clean up, some new chairs and pot plants and some pressure cleaning to get rid of the spiderwebs and clean the old concrete. We have a lot of work to do on our house and garden but we're just going to take our time, not try and get it all done fast and wear ourselves out. 

Well, time for me to enjoy a bit more sewing before dinner - I have so many projects I want to work on and the list keeps growing. 

Linking up with Put Your Foot Down at For the Love of Geese.

6 comments:

SAM said...

Each quilt block is so pretty. I can imagine it felt odd being at work.

Out My window said...

I just love all the things you do, I envy you the time.

Jan said...

It's so nice to be out of the rush & busyness of work & its first week of term too so lots of new students on campus - I'm definitely not missing it :)

Jan said...

yes, having free time to spend as I wish now feels great,

Practical Parsimony said...

I love Lemonade! You inspire me to make quilt blocks!

Jan said...

Its so relaxing - look forward to seeing what you make!