Pages

22 May 2022

Summer in the Country progress

My regular sewing time and my new daily retirement routines got thrown out of balance for the last few weeks. We've all been crook with a virus. Covid tests keep coming back negative, despite having all the symptoms and each day we hear of another friend or family member that has Covid.  So while I've been crook  I've spent my days sleeping on the lounge and doing a bit of sewing now and again between naps.

I thought I post the few blocks I've completed on Summer in the Country.

This block - Grandma - is one of the bonus blocks:



Then the lovely Moonlight block, which looks like little houses to me:



 Here is Pinwheel Parade:





I went through my green scraps for RSC and have those ready to cut and piece and I've cut the last of my Sweet Dreams blocks. I've also started cutting out pieces for Garden Party Downunder BOM. This is was my sewing table looks like today - bits and pieces of several projects I am working on:



 Hopefully we all improve this week and I can get back to some serious sewing and regular blogging. 


6 comments:

T'Pol said...

I wish you a speedy recovery. I love the grandma block. Would make a real nice throw pillow. What do you intend to do with all those blocks? A bed cover or something?

Practical Parsimony said...

I am sorry you are ill. Hopefully, this will pass soon. I love looking at all your squares and the different patterns.

Jan said...

thanks T'Pol. I'm making them into a quilt, saw the pattern and just had to make it lol! they would make nice cushions too.

Jan said...

thanks, I'm enjoying being able to indulge my love of sewing now :) I think going into the colder weather and everything opening up, we're just catching every old virus thats around at the moment, lots of covid in our town and lots of Influenza A at the moment and I hadn't had my flu shot.

Out My window said...

I so admire your work. I am always astounded by the intricacy of quilting. We have had this crap cold dragging us for three weeks now and I just finished my antibiotic, and it is still lingering. The infection is gone but not all the symptoms. I think Hubs will have to go in as he seems to be getting worse.

Jan said...

it's annoying isn't it, just seems to hang on for ages, hope Hubby starts to improve soon.