Pages

4 Feb 2021

Job upgrade & budget review plans

 

Well I was successful at the job interview earlier in the week and I'll start my new position in a few weeks. 

Now that its settled and I'm starting to get some more detailed information on some of the projects I'll be working on.

 I'm actually starting to look forward to having a bit of a change. 

 I expect it will be a very busy year ahead though as the long awaited restructure is going ahead so there will be job losses and job changes ahead. 

So I've decided that for the moment I will just be paying the minimum on the mortgage and stashing my cash until the dust settles at work with all these changes. 

I am hoping its all done by Easter and then we can reassess what we need to do financially.

In the meantime I'm going to do a complete review of our expenses and look at where we can make some savings. We're doing reviews of our budgets on Simple Savings this month. 

Some of us are using this review of budgeting thats using 10 categories of spending drawn from the ABS Household expenditure survey to review spending, so I've signed up for that.

Do you budget? How often do you review your spending?


" A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went" Dave Ramsey




Image by mohamed Hassan from Pixabay

4 comments:

Out My window said...

Well good for you. I hope you are pleased with the change and all goes well. I am sure it will you are very conscientious and a hard worker.

jj said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Jan said...

thanks :)

Jan said...

thanks Kim :)