Pages

15 Sept 2020

Electricity bills & health goals

 Our winter electricity bill arrived yesterday and I'm pleasantly surprised. We were all working from home for most of the billing period (3 months) and using two large rooms whereas usually we would only be heating one room morning & evening.

Our bill was $789 and we used 2,136 kw. Last year, for the same period, when it was used much less, our bill was $932 and we used 2,545 kw. That was before we replaced the reverse cycle air conditioning so I'm glad we replaced it and its definitely much more efficient.

I'm pleased to say I've lost 13lbs so far. I've been fasting for 24 hours at least two days a week, most other days I just eat two meals. I can already feel the difference as my focus and concentration is better. For the last 4 days my blood glucose levels have been in the normal range.  

I made a big pot of split pea soup on the weekend - I just love it! I've upped my fruit & veggie intake and started walking in the mornings. Work is VERY quiet and thats been good - much less stress the last two weeks. So I'm making progress on the health goals which feels good.


4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Losing weight and a reasonable electric bill are two very good things!

Out My window said...

Good for you. Hubs is using intermittent fasting and has lost 40 lbs.

Jan said...

yes, it feels good to be making progress :)

Jan said...

oh thats fantastic! very encouraging too :)