Pages

31 Aug 2020

August Progress Report


Mortgage 

This month we really focused on spending less and eating what was already in the house. Those savings, combined with our holiday refund, meant we really made good progress on the mortgage this month.
  • current balance: $76,393
  • down from: $83,590
  • total reduction: $7,197
Savings 
  • DH: $341,549
  • me: $167,074
  • total savings: $508,623
  • total increase: $14,722
Work

Work is starting to get busy again the last few days, still all done by phone or zoom but I have to be in the office five days a week. Its been nice to catch up with colleagues but its a long way from returning to normal. Some students are on campus but a lot are still online.

Home

After snow last week the weather is now warming up ready for spring so it will be nice to be able to get a bit more done outside and get some of the inside jobs completed with warmer weather.. Yesterday DH trimmed some shrubs & took a load of branches to the dump. I'm going to take a week off in a few weeks and get stuck into spring cleaning. 

Health   

My first week losing weight went well but I have stalled since then. I'm going to do a few 24 hour fasts this week as I need to get this weight off quickly. I also haven't been exercising as much so thats my focus for September - I need to get moving!

Other

I feel like life is just on autopilot at the moment. We only go to work and pick up the groceries and that is it. Its been like that since March and even for a homebody, introvert like me its getting a bit old. But we are fortunate to have no Covid cases currently in our town so thats the positive side. 

There is a lot of frustration in town in recent weeks as sporting clubs continue to hold large competitions that bring people from far away and the council continue with tourist events that will bring tens of thousands to the town in coming weeks despite a lot of opposition. Its hard because the businesses rely on the tourists and city folk are being encouraged to book local holidays but on the other hand we do not want people from covid hotspots visiting. There is no easy answer and feelings are running high.  

Financially its been a great month and I'm really looking forward to being able to get out more as it warms up. 

Keep well and stay safe xx


No comments: