Pages

26 Jul 2020

Saturday shopping- Sunday relaxing

Yesterday was chilly here with a big frost to start the day off and some rain late in the day. A good day to be inside.  I usually pick up our shopping early on Saturday mornings, the shops are quieter and its all done and put away early in the day. When I did this weeks order online I decided to stock up as I had my $150 voucher to use and I also want to restock my pantry a bit, but as I put the order through I found out the voucher can only be used in person - so that mucked up my budget for the week.

This week I did well with the half price specials. I love Twining's tea but I won't pay $11 for 80 teabags so when they are half price I stock up. I bought six boxes which should do me until the next time they are on sale. Peanut butter was half price - $2.85 and roast beef lunch meat was 2 for $5. Those were my best buys for the week.


Its one week now since the school holidays finished and our town had thousands of visitors for the fortnight. So far there are no new cases in our town but the person I work with in my second job had to be tested again - fortunately results were clear. I've made the decision that I will continue to work from home for my second job after that, as I had been going to resume face to face work this week which is when I found out she'd been tested. I can work online using zoom so will continue with that.

Well its early Sunday morning here and its raining, which sounds lovely on the roof!. I am about to catch up with a friend in the US so long as the weather doesn't interfere with the internet. Then I'm going to have a cosy afternoon of crotchet in front of the TV.


9 comments:

T'Pol said...

Don't you love technology? I watch Netflix with my BFF who lives in the US at least 4-5 nights a week. She is a school teacher so, even when she is working, we can manage the 7 hour difference between us. As we watch, we chat on the phone too. I just realized, it is Sunday over here too. I better go to bed. You have a good Sunday!

Practical Parsimony said...

Shopping certainly a different game now.

SAM said...

Sunday morning here and I have both the nice sound of rain and my coffee maker ging-I grabbed a cup even though not fully done dripping. I have sweet corn to shuck for lunch and that will start my summer produce season straight form the farms. Actually, we ate a cantaloupe yesterday. Enjoy your television and crocheting.

Out My window said...

I don't drink tea and I had no idea it was that expensive. Good for you finding that bargain.

Jan said...

Its great isn't it - so nice to be able to catch talk for free and see each other despite the distance.

Jan said...

yes, without the half price I'd be drinking a lot less.

Jan said...

oh fresh sweet corn - lovely!

Kevin Drevik said...

We don't do enough sales "searching" and use of coupons. Something we should look into going forward. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jan said...

It makes quite a difference, not being at work means I have a bit more time to chase the specials.