Pages

29 Jul 2020

Early morning birdsong

Like a lot of people at the moment, I'm finding the constant news cycle, and the negativity on social media to be pretty draining. I stopped watching the news apart from once in the morning a few weeks ago and I limit my time on social media. I can't escape the 'news' at work as that is what most of my clients are worried about.

I've always been an early morning person. So now I am using that time better by doing some exercise inside and catching up on chores or reading. When it warms up we walk in the morning - I'm looking forward to being able to get back to that soon.

Today I went outside to sit and listen to the birds and watch the sun come up. I took this little video from my front verandah so you can hear the early morning birdsong just before sunrise- its a much better start to the day than listening to the news. Turn the volume up.





Ilona over at Life After Money has been posting some lovely walks and talks over the last few weeks which I'm enjoying - thats been my little escape to the country. I think we need to do whatever helps us keep our peace of mind at the moment.

What are you doing that helps you to keep stress manageable?

4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

We wear our masks and don't go anywhere but to the grocery store, and then i am the only one to go in. We make little outings and sit and watch the ducks.

SAM said...

While still on FB, I decided I need to stop participating in the negativity. It was draining.

Jan said...

its good to take time out - people seem to just react to everything at the moment

Jan said...

Its good to get outside. We have a lot of birdlife in the park opposite and in the evenings they fly around in a big group squawking - I love watching them.