Pages

9 Jun 2020

Decluttering plans

Yesterday was a public holiday here. We spent the day doing a general tidy up in the house, getting caught up with the washing and vacuumed all the floors. DH had to do some repairs on the toilet which took a while. I washed some curtains and hung another 'new' pair in the lounge room
Today I'm planning on taking a few loads of clothes and household items to the charity shop which will clear out some more room. Our local op shops open this week. I just hope they have room to take them as I'm sure lots of people have been decluttering while working from home the last few months so I'm sure they'll get lots of donations in the next few weeks.
We've decided to turn DS's old bedroom into a gym area. DS lives away and come home usually only at Christmas time. Over the years, instead of paying gym fees, I have bought a stepper, treadmill and rower which currently sit in lounge & family rooms - and occasionally get turned into temporary clothes drying racks! If they were all in the one room, along with yoga mats & hand weights - then it would tidy up our living spaces and it just means exercising in a different room. We could get a blow up bed for DS to use when he visits. 
So today, after we do the op shop run, we'll be working on decluttering DS's bedroom. There hardly any of his stuff there anymore. Its just become a bit of place to stash bits and pieces. 

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful."William Morris




6 comments:

SAM said...

investing in equipment that you will use and stay healthy is smart. I'm sure you son won't ind having access to the qquipment when he visits.

Practical Parsimony said...

Do you ever use tv when exercising? I would think having tv to watch would be great. But, a small one in the bedroom would be possible. I have often wished I could afford to buy the machines I used and liked to use.

Jan said...

its a good option for us & much cheaper than gym expenses,

Jan said...

I do like to watch TV when I'm on the treadmill, and audiobooks are good too. I think we'll add a small TV to that room eventually.

Out My window said...

Good idea turning a room into an home gym center. But can son sleep on the treadmill?

Jan said...

lol! he'd never fit, he's 6'4" tall :)