Pages

4 Sept 2019

August Progress Report

I've been awol from blogging this month but heres a quick update of the last months progress:

Mortgage

Paid a bit extra on the mortgage this month. I'm feeling more optimistic we can reach our $100,000 goal by the end of the year.
  • current balance: $116,577
  •  down from $118,340
  • total reduction:$1763
Retirement
A drop in the markets lately so the balance is down a little. I did put in extra this month while the market was down - buying shares while on sale!
  • me: $139,307
  • DH: $318,355
  • total:$457,662
  • total decrease: $4,065
Health
Back to walking or exercising each day, its always nicer in Spring to be out and about. Holidays are coming up and I find that is always a bit of a 'reset' - I come back well rested and usually lose a bit of weight. 

Work
Well its actually gone a bit quiet at work so its nice to not be so busy. I have been cleaning out a lot of old files and old resources no longer needed. My second job will stop in a month or two and after some discussion with DH I am just going to do my day job and take a break from extra work until I find out about if I get laid off next year. I am looking forward to slowing down and we will make the reduced income work.

Home
We have completed painting two rooms and I have bought the curtains (on sale at Spotlight). Two garden beds have been cleaned out. Our heater/air condtioning broke last week and we got it repaired however it needs replacing ( its about 12 years old) so the approximate quote was $5000. It is on the -to do- list!


2 comments:

Out My window said...

Don't let the market drop bother you, I have been watching our retirement go up and down for years and here we are. Also I will owe less than 10,000 on the mortgage when I make the next payment. Paying extra really helps so keep it up. It was just a few years ago that we broke 100,000. It goes by fast.

Jan said...

yes those extra amounts, even when small really do make a difference over time. The time is going fast, I'm now coming to the end of year 2 of the 5 year plan - almost half way through!