Pages

14 Sept 2019

Another Mortgage Milestone!

Last week we got our finally got our tax refund paid into our account. After paying a few bills I've just made a nice big extra payment off the mortgage to bring it down to $112,558 - the end of year 18 balance on the Amoratisation table.

It feels so good to cross out another line!

So with 15 weeks left until the end of 2019 I need to pay $837.20/week to reach our goal of $100,000 mortgage balance by end of the year. I also have to replace our heater/air conditioner which will be $5000 at the end of October so we need to keep our spending down.

The last few months I've been really tired and I am looking forward to next year when I am just doing my day job. I have also been reading 'How to Retire Happy, Wild & Free' which was recommended on the MMM forums. Its been really helpful to me, as someone who has really invested a lot of my identity in my career. I will write more on this a bit later, but overall I have really come to accept its time to slow down and smell the roses.

I have only a few weeks until holidays - New Zealand here we come! - can't wait!


2 comments:

Out My window said...

Good for you. It was just a couple of years ago that we broke 100 thousand and here we are below 10 thousand. you can do this.

Mr. 39 Months said...

Congrats on another milestone. I can say that when we paid off our mortgage a couple of years ago, it was a very "freeing" event. The level of stress dropped dramatically in our lives. good job!