Pages

7 Aug 2018

Just Keep Swimming...

We've started going through our expenses to see where we can cut back. Today I put our Audible membership on hold for 3 months, then I'll cancel it. I am not renewing my professional membership and got a cheaper quote for my insurance.  We will also cancel Austar which has been our entertainment budget as we don't go out - but we can live without it.

Audible $28/month
Austar $90/month
Professional Membership $57/month
Professional Insurance -$12/month

Total savings: $187/month

I was a part of a class action against the banks. For those outside Australia we are currently having a Royal Commission into banking here some practices have been a bit dodgy. Well I told I get a refund of $61 today so thats a bit extra off the mortgage.

I'm really struggling at work at the moment, just super stressful and I'm just so tired all the time.  But I need to shut up and show up and keep paying down this mortgage...

via GIPHY

2 comments:

T'Pol said...

Every little bit helps paying debt. Keep imagining how it will feel like when you pay down the mortgage and own your home free and clear. Work stress is awful but, I am sure you will find creative ways to deal with it. Exercise is an option. Also, is it possible to change your job at all?

Jan said...

I do need to get back to exercising,that is a good reminder. I could change jobs but it would be a big drop in pay and a loss of long service benefits, so it would delay retirement by a couple of years. There is a slim chance of a redundancy in the next few years which would be a relief.