Pages

1 Jul 2018

June Progress Report

This month has gone by really quickly!

Mortgage
  • $146,991 down from $152,990
  • redraw $16,955  up from $15,099
  • $4,143  total mortgage reduction: 
This month we finished paying for our holiday and used the redraw for this. We were able to make some extra payments off the mortgage and it feels good to have that balance under $150,000

Retirement Savings
  • mine- $103,103
  • DH - $269,286
  • total - $372,389
  • total increase - $8,651
Our retirement savings are going up faster than I expected which is great! We both salary sacrifice the maximum of $25,000 a year which also includes employer contributions. 

Groceries 
  • $50 cc points
  • $40.46 savings
  • $90.46 total savings 
We did well eating out of our freezer and pantry this month. The frezeer is almost half empty now. Our grocery spend was OK but we spent too much on snacks and take away this month which is what happens when I get too tired from work. 

Health

My weight has gone up by 3.1kgs this month. Its a direct result of being exhausted from work and reaching for a coffee and carby snacks. I also have not exercised this month. Its annoying to see the weight gain but very clear why. I have to get back on track with diet, exercise and managing stress. 

Work

Well my regular job has been just really stressful this last month. I am quite behind but the only consolation is that everybody else is as well. My extra job has been a real pleasure. I did not do as many hours this month so only billed $780.

Home

I didn't get too much done on the decluttering front last month. 

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Good job on increasing your payments on your mortgage and retirement savings. That second job brings in a nice sum, even nicer that you like it so much. I have fallen off the exercise bandwagon, mostly due to a hurt foot. It is now healed so I need to get back at it but it is so hard! After walking 10000 steps for a year it is difficult to do it a couple of times a week now!

Jan said...

I know what you mean, I have charged up my fitbit ready to get back to counting steps again - I miss the early morning walks we were able to do in summer.