Pages

16 Apr 2018

This and that...

Last week was a sad one at work. Attending farewells, saying goodbye to colleagues who've lost jobs. Some have worked there for 30+ years, dedicated teachers.  At one farewell all my conversations were about peoples plans for either retirement, hanging in until possible redundancy, or applying for other jobs.

This is my third restructure. I'm so over it. The organisations' values are not the same as they used to be and all of us 'oldies' are not wanted anymore. I no longer speak up about things as I used to. There is no point wasting my energy unless I really have to. I am there to set myself up for retirement and I am ticking off the days until I can leave.

Yesterday I did the grocery shopping. My savings were: $20 in survey vouchers, $10 CC points and $38.64 savings from specials. So at Coles I got $270 worth of groceries for $200. My plan had been to track all my grocery spending in detail on my blog but I am just too tired now that I'm back at work for a few months and alsodoing the extra work. So I'll track the savings only for the time being.

We didn't walk much last week at all, DH has hurt his knee so will give it a rest until next weekend before we start again. I do miss it when we don't go. The picture in this post is from the last day we walked.

I've made no progress on the house decluttering at all, or the yard. I am going to just spend April getting caught up at work and then get stuck into the house again in May.

Well thats a quick update on a few things. I'm feeling reasonably good, just very busy. I'm managing to keep out of the stress and politics at work most of the time so that is good. I'm just accepting that I need to knuckle down and work hard for a year or so but it will be worth it when the mortgage is gone for good.

1719 days to go!

2 comments:

T'Pol said...

I understand how difficult it is to cope with changing values in an organization. Up until three months ago, we wre a rivately owned company and things were so different. I cannot stand the arrogance of the new people. I understand the Private Equity who bought us wants us to grow fast and they would like to sell the company in 5 years but the people they brought on board have such egos... I am glad I set the date of my exit. It is much closer than yours. 319 days hopefully.

Jan said...

yes its difficult when the values change and a whole heap of new people come in. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time..