Pages

29 Apr 2018

Grocery Shopping

Although I haven't been posting my grocery shopping lists the last few weeks I've been tracking how much I save on each shop. I'd like to the detailed lists but am just finding I'm too busy now I'm back at work. Hoping I can get back to doing it some time in the future.

At the moment my offers for Coles are at $100/week for 4 weeks and Woolworths $35/week for 4 weeks.

This week we spent:

Coles $122.27
Woolworths $37.49
IGA-B $10.83

Savings were:
Coles $39.90 saved + $10 CC points =  $49.90 saved
Woolworths+  $32.50 saved

So this week we got  $252.99 worth of groceries  for $170.50

 One really good thing that has happened is that that our corner shops area is now being turned into a much bigger complex with a supermarket. Its good because there is so much building work and road work going on there and its so difficult to get in that we just have stopped going there - which is saving us money.

My stockpile is really full despite trying to reduce it and the freezer is also going down very slowly. I plan on getting stuck into eating through this food during May.  Once this current points promotion is done I am going to start doing more shopping at IGA-B. There fresh produce is cheaper than Coles and really good quality. So we'll spend less at Coles after next week. I know I can get the grocery bill down lower if I just put a bit more effort in, and blogging about it does help!


No comments: