Pages

1 Jan 2018

Walking

An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.
Henry David Thoreau

We started the day with an hours walk. DH and I are going to walk before work. We leave at 5.30 when its just light and get back by 6.30 - its a great start to the day and its nice to have time to just talk.  I snapped a few pics from this mornings walk...

There was still some fog around when we first left and the sun was just starting to come up...



...  a bit further along and the sun popped out over the hills...



  The area we were walking in is along a creek bed not far from our house, its in town but beautiful and green, lots of trees everywhere and there is a lot of replanting and work by volunteer groups to keep the area clean and green. The whole time we walk you can hear the birds waking up and the smell of the fresh morning air is just lovely.




...  saw these beautiful tree roots ...




... and these sleepy sunflowers just waking up...




These are the simple pleasures I want to make time for in my day. I've signed up for Ilonas walking group to help me keep on track.

Once home I've been pottering about with a bit more decluttering in between finishing a book from 1001 list.  A lovely start to the new year!

No comments: