Pages

18 Jun 2018

Grocery Shopping

Well my DD had offered to take on the grocery shopping each week and I'm so relieved not to have to do it anymore!  The last few weeks I've just been so exhausted. I've spent every weekend catching up on sleep and too fatigued to do much at all. With DD doing the grocery shopping it will really help me manage the work demands, especially given that I also do the extra job two evenings a week.

So we needed to spend $50 again this week at Coles. Our shop this week was: Coles - $62.93  saved $8.82

We've eaten more out the freezer over the last week, crumbed chicken, frozen meals and also some tinned soups from the pantry. I thawed out some stewing steak overnight to make a crockpot meal today. Its really cold here, lots of snow about just outside of town, so a hot meal after work will be lovely to come home to.

4 comments:

Linda said...

It's is great you have a daughter responsible enough to do the grocery shopping.

T'Pol said...

I do my grocery shopping online to get the heavy stuff delivered to my door. I shop for the things like meat and dairy myself. The online store does not charge me for the delivery if I exceed a certain amount of money which I always do especially when I order cleaning supplies, paper products and such.

Jan said...

yes it will make quite a difference to my week!

Jan said...

I've used online shopping sometimes when I've been sick. We can only get one store here though and they charge $11 per delivery, but it certainly does save time