Pages

21 Jun 2018

Hitting the wall...

June will go down as the month I hit the wall again. Six months back at work and I am absolutely exhausted. I have really struggled over the last two weeks. I work, I come home and fall asleep on the lounge. On the weekend I sleep and try and recover in time to go back on Monday morning.

The workload is huge and its high stress, traumatic work. I was almost in tears yesterday and am so grateful for good work colleagues - who are just as stressed but we all try and help whoevers finding it tough each day - yesterday it just happened to be me.

After work I went to my second job which I love and 2 hours later I felt renewed energised and restored. The extra work is just so good for my mental health as well as giving me some extra money.

But I have slipped back into eating poorly and not exercising. I need to try and get myself back on track this weekend somehow.

I did have some good news yesterday that one of the bullies at work is going to be taking a years leave - that will certainly make my working life a little better!

In the meantime I am trying to focus on my goals and just take it one day at a time, but it has been a reality check to see how toxic the workplace really is.

The good news is I got paid for my extra work and paid $1500 extra off the mortgage - another step closer!

3 comments:

T'Pol said...

I think I know exactly what you are talking about. Some days I used to feel that my life energy was being sucked. Try to get plenty of rest whenever you can and take it one day at a time. Be nice to yourself. It is a good thing that you have nice people around you.

Jan said...

thnx t'pol, having a few good people around helps, going to have to set aside some time for me somehow.

Lucy said...

Some days all you can do is just try and make it through. Congrats on throwing so much at your debt!