Pages

3 Jan 2023

Homeward Bound

One of this years goals is to keep up with my BOM - Homeward Bound from The Quilt Show. Its a Sarah Fielke design and I had already signed up for her usual BOM and have a few others still waiting to be finished. But now that I'm retired I have no excuse!  I am using mostly Tula Pink fabrics  for this project.


I spent New Years day working on part of the first block, the little cabin in the centre of the quilt.


For Christmas I was given some lovely fabrics and a Spotlight card, I especially love the watercolour flowers. So a bit more added to the stash.



Karen Brown from Just Get it Done is one of my favourite YouTubers and she is doing a 21 day sewing room declutter challenge. Each day is a different task and I found it good last year so I am doing that again. Most of my sewing room is sorted so this years its going to be much less work. Having a scrap system has helped and I had already made lists of UFO's and WIPs that need attention. 

Like a lot of others my goal this year is to only buy fabric needed to complete a specific project and really sew down my stash and scraps this year. Right now I'm working on my RSC blocks - Januarys colour is blue which is good as I have heaps of it! 

Best wishes to you for the New Year and for 2023.

2 comments:

Janice said...

Good luck with your BOM. It will be a very cheerful quilt. Have fun in your sewing room organising. I’m transferring the challenge to my office this year, as it is the most out of control. Like you, I want to use what I have this year. I look forward to seeing how you go during the year.

T'Pol said...

Those fabrics are so cheerful. They remind me of the Spring. Working with colorful material is so much fun, isn't it?