Pages

17 Mar 2020

So far no coronovirus & no working from home for me.

Well DH started working from home today. His office has closed until further notice with all staff to work from home. I'm impressed with how his workplace has handled it all. Quite a few other businesses in town have closed and many parents are keeping their children out of school.

My workplace, as its government, is slower off the mark. We have this ridiculous 1.5 metre social distancing rule - yeah- has anyone ever seen a group of teenagers?  The idea that teachers can keep kids 1.5 m apart in a classroom is ludicrous! And  they all sit next to each other in the breaks anyway.

I think the government is trying to keep schools, TAFE's and universities open for the next three weeks until end of term and then they might shut them down for a longer holiday period. It's frustrating though, and stressful. So I don't have permission to work from home yet.

I am also considering quitting my second job, which is in a building filled with teenagers. I will discuss it with them this week. As much as I like the extra money, as someone with several auto-immune disorders I think my health is more important at the moment. So thats the next decision I have to make.

So far in our town there re no confirmed cases. The hospital has set up an infectious ward in a separate building to the main hospital and a testing clinic.

Kim from Out My Window is running a challenge to keep us all occupied and producitive. I'm trying to think of what I can do for tomorrow, which is good as it's already distracting me :)


2 comments:

Out My window said...

I am really surprised you have not been shut down. So any plans yet?

Jan said...

today we have had two cases diagnosed in the town about 45 minutes from us and one of the large schools there closed as a result. Theres certainly less students on campus today and I had several cancelled appointments but official word is to keep working. Behind the scenes we are talking about how we can work from home so that we are ready if we get closed suddenly. Its a scary time for everyone at the moment.