Pages

20 Dec 2019

Holidays at last!!

Its Day 3 of my holidays today and I've been busy in the kitchen for the last two days cooking for the freezer.

I bought 12 brown bananas for $2 so have made 3 loaves banana bread which I'll slice and freeze.


Yesterday DD cooked two huge pots of bolognaise sauce. Half of it we froze in 12 single serves, 3 x 4 serves containers and then made 4 lasagnes in single serves for the freezer.

I roasted a pumpkin, onions & tomatos which I'll make into pumpkin soup today. I made 12 single serves of split pea soup for the freezer. I used this Ina Garten recipe and seriously - it is absolutely beautiful! looks exactly like the picture and is now a new fave soup recipe.

So the freezers are full to the brim - I need to do some rearranging today to move the older food up to the top and make a bit more room.

The fires eased up for one day since I last posted and we had a beautiful blue sky  till about 2pm when huge smoke clouds started to roll in. I took this photo from our front verandah just slightly to the left of the photo in my previous post.


I've also had time to work through financial progress for the year and to set some goals for 2020. I've added another page for this. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks of holidays so I can catch up with family and get some jobs done around the house.

4 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

I am banana bread sounds delicious. And, I love the dish that just fits! I put my first turkey in the oven today and just took it out. Then, Tommy put the second turkey from the freezer to the refrigerator to thaw. I will have turkey to last weeks now. I will have to go buy loaf cake pans if I cook banana bread.

Jan said...

oh I love Turkey, especially with cranberry sauce - also love it on sandwiches. I've never cooked a whole turkey though.

Lisa said...

I love banana bread and will be using up some frozen bananas to make a few loaves. It does not last long here!

Jan said...

me too - its a bit of staple here, and it freezes well