Pages

11 Jan 2019

New Budgets & Mortgage payments

Yesterday we received our first pay with DH's reduced wages. So his income has dropped $200/week or $800 a month which is quite a lot. My income has gone down $250/week since I've reduced my second job hours. I have gone back to using YNAB and done up a new budget for the year, looking for where we can make some savings.

DD & I have banned ourselves from going to the shopping centre just one block away as we overspend there. Instead we have been doing the shopping online & collecting it each week and we're spending less. I'm sure I can reduce our grocery spending further in coming months.

To reach our goal of paying $35,000 off the mortgage we will need to pay $673 per week plus approx. $100/week interest = $773/week. So my goal is $800 per week. I will pay all of my second job income off the mortgage which is $800-$1000 per month.

So today, after paying some bills and doing the grocery shopping I transferred an extra $350 off the mortgage, taking the balance to $133,521

I can't wait till I see that number go under $100,000 some time in 2019!

2 comments:

Hawaii Planner said...

For your online shopping, do you find the produce to be high quality? The main thing standing in my way is that we can't get a delivery of produce from our standard shopping store. We can order via Amazon, but it's incredibly expensive compared to our standard store.

Jan said...

We use our local Coles store and have found the produce chosen is really good quality. We collect ours from the shop the day after we order and it takes us 20 minutes from leaving home to getting back home so its aves a lot of time. We can get home delivery with Woolworths but its $10 for delivery and I didn't like to quality of their fresh veggies. Our prices for online ordering are the same as the in store prices.