Pages

23 Oct 2018

Starting the garden

My plan for the garden is just to do a bit each weekend and I'm starting with potted herbs. Buying fresh herbs at $3-$4 a bunch really adds up so this week we potted up some herbs.

Coriander


Mint.




Thai Basil.




I also bought a lime tree.




... and repotted my lemon tree, which was looking a bit sad.



Yesterday was my first day back at work and I ended up working almost 1.5 hours late dealing with a bit of a crisis. DH had more meetings at his job and his hours are now increased slightly - but still part time. We both came home feeling a bit flat and worn out. I really hope we can stick to our retirement timeline - we'll give it our best shot!

2 comments:

Frogdancer Jones said...

Coriander! I've never had much luck with it - it bolts on me every time. Still, at least I've always been able to harvest lots of seeds!

Jan said...

ours has taken off since we potted it - it is wanting to go to see so gave it a trim.