Pages

12 Feb 2018

Grocery shopping

I did this weeks shopping at Coles to get my bonus points. Best bargain was granny smiths apples for $1 a kg. I'll stew them up and freeze them, might even go back and get a few more. Heres this weeks breakdown:

Coles: $66.71
Meat:  $31.30  - sausages, rissoles & steak
Corner shop $48.21 - BBQ chooks, dishwashing liquid (3 x $1.20) milk, bread and snacks - still spending too much here, but improving.
Total: $146.22




Coles shopping:
2 litres milk $2.60
3 pkts wonton wrappers $ 9.75
2 pkts chips $5
2 kit kats $2
4 gluten free wraps $5
1 pkt rice cakes $1.65
200g salad leaves  $3
3 bunches coriander $7.50
480g red capsicum $4.81
150g garlic $2.50
3x 200g shredded carrot $5.25
700g broccoli $3.41
1 avocado $3.90
380g sweet potato $1.52
6 bananas $2.21
17 granny smiths apples $1.07
1 red cabbage $2.50
1 green cabbage $2.50

Total spend: $66.71
Savings: $9.65

I also bought two pots of herbs - mint & coriander - for $5. If we can grow our own it will save a lot, just have to keep them alive!



In the fridge I still have some veggies from last week to use up and there is some fruit left that is going a bit soft so I'll juice that up later today. We've been eating lots of salads this week, had a lovely one with red & green cabbage, capsicum, red onion, coriander and shredded chicken. I have mine with a few papadums for crunch and DD has crispy wontons on hers. The goal this week is to cut out the sugar completely.




4 comments:

Hawaii Planner said...

I've never made coleslaw, but have seen a few great & easy recipes for it. I'll definitely give it a try. Great deal on the apples!

Jan said...

Coleslaws good if you like a lot of crunchy food.

Practical Parsimony said...

That is a healthy grocery shopping trip. You bought ingredients exclusively instead of mixes and premade. Good for you and family.

BusyMom said...

Most of our budget is spent on food. I should read these posts carefully.