Pages

25 Feb 2018

Grocery shopping & some of this weeks meals.

Its week two of our $60/week minimum spend at Coles. I forgot to use my triple points voucher so will use it next week. Heres our grocery spend for this week.

IGA: $11.54  2 litres milk, 1 litre iron enriched milk, 460g sundried tomatos

Butcher: $11.82  4 chicken breast halves

Bakers Delight: $14.50  1loaf bread, 4 turkish rolls, 6 cheese & bacon rolls

Corner Shop: $14.52 12 xsparkling water , pkt ham, slices roast beef, pkt lollies

Markets: $17  1 kg honey 1 jar orange whiskey marmalade

Coles: $86.15   savings $42.44 + $10 off - total shop value $138.59



 Our cat wanted to be in the picture...



1 red cabbage $2.50
1 green cabbage $2.90
7 bananas $3.36
650g red capsicum $5.75
4 pink lady apples $2.38
700g red grapes $2.75
300g green capsicum $2.08
125g raspberries $4
1 bunch coriander $3
500g pasta $3.15
4x 48 pk carefree pads $9
2x 42 pk carefree pads $5.10
2x 100 Liptons teabags $5
1 kg bread flour $3.40
2 decor containers $4
10 pk AA batteries $8.48
5 x 400g cat food $7
6 pk cat food Dine $4.80
2 x 432g pineapple $4
600g yoghurt  $4.50
1 BBQ chicken $9

Total Spend this week: $138.53

Good buys this week were the half price specials:  carefree pads, teabags, batteries & decor containers.

Only one trip to the corner shop this week and that was DH.

We ate two pkts of frozen vegetables & a pkt of potato wedges from the freezer and some frozen beef which I stewed in the crockpot. Tinned baked beans & tomatos eaten from the stockpile.

I'm managing to eat more veggies and fruits and am cutting back the chips and chocolate...   Heres a few of my meals from during the past week:

I took a tin of baked beans, the last half rasher of bacon and the perino tomatos that were going soft and half an onion in the pan with a bit of olive oil.



The next day I baked a sweet potato and put the leftover beans over it with half an avocado over the last of the mixed bag of lettuce - tasted fantastic!



This is meat I did in the crockpot. I put if on before work and when I came home at lunchtime I emptied the bag of baby potatoes into it. Had it with broccoli and the frozen veggies done in the pan with some onion added and cheese on top.



I'll weigh in the the 1st of March again. I do feel like I've lost a bit of weight so am curious to see what the scales say.


5 comments:

Hawaii Planner said...

Your meals look lovely! I'm trying to lose weight as well, and it's tricky for sure. A lot more planning than I'd normally want to put into my meal planning. We're having a few easy meals this week, and I always try to have a big salad with my portion.

Cheapchick said...

Your prices seem very close to what I pay in Canada, except the bananas and coriander as ours comes from Mexico and is about half that. Our dollar is almost at par with yours so that makes sense. Sometimes keeping track is half the battle of lowering the grocery bill

Jan said...

I've been adding a salad to most of my lunches lately, trying to eat more leafy greens.

Jan said...

i'm finding that tracking our grocery spending and blogging it, is really helping me to buy less ,and waste less food. Juat makes me so much more aware of what food I have in the house and where we're spending too much.

Lisa said...

Your meals look delicious!!