Pages

22 Feb 2018

Good news week

Yesterday I had some good news!  I was contacted about doing some contract work, gave them a quote and they have set up a meeting with me in a few weeks. I'm excited about it as its work I enjoy and find challenging. It's in an area I want to get more experience in. If its goes to plan I'll be able to pay a full extra mortgage payment every month which will really speed up our payoff. It also opens up more opportunities for me.

I also found out yesterday who our new manager will be at work and its someone I really respect and have worked with in the past, so that was more good news. She's a manager that really listens and is very supportive of team members. The next few months are going to be filled with change as people get laid off and new jobs and changing duties  all start up. It will be a lot easier to handle it under this manager.

Today is payday and the mortgage is now down to  $163,315 and the redraw is down to $5,592.

I've been eating out of the pantry and freezer and staying away from the corner shop. All in all its been a good week so far.





3 comments:

Nawm D Gerr said...

I look forward to following along on your journey. Cheers!

Practical Parsimony said...

I just saw your retirement countdown clock. I love the idea.

Jan said...

I love seeing the numbers going down each day - its quite motivating :)