Pages

9 Jun 2022

Sweet Dreams blocks are finished!

Well I've finally finished sewing all of the Sweet Dreams blocks and I'm very happy with the way they have turned out. 

Block 15 - another block where I could add a few more rabbits...


Block 16


Block 17 - this block really pops from a distance...


Block 18


Now comes the decisions about how to place the blocks so I'll play around with them on the design wall for a few days. here's a few layouts I'm considering:


2. 


3.


At the moment #2 is my favourite but I'll give a couple more days of consideration.

Other than sewing news - life is good here. I feel happier and more content than I have in years so I have no complaints, no regrets. DH is 'working' from home a few days each week as he winds down and we are enjoying hanging out together, sitting around drinking coffee, talking about our plans for the house and trips we want to do - its nice to have more time together.  The weather is cold and snowy, perfect to be cozy inside working at the sewing machine, the smell of soups and stews from the kitchen during the day, not having to go out into the cold to drive to work. Just taking each day as it comes and without any need to rush - retirement is good! :) 


“Contentment is not the fulfilment of what you want but the realisation of how much you already have.” Anonymous






4 comments:

Out My window said...

That is so incredibly beautiful. You should be proud of yourself. I would display that on a wall every Easter! I am uber impressed.

Jan said...

thanks Kim, I love the Easter idea! I'm really enjoying just being able to spend time on my sewing projects finally :)

T'Pol said...

That is a beautiful quilt. You're very talented. My favorite is 1.

Jan said...

Thanks T'Pol, I've really enjoyed making this & I ended up going with #1 layout. Now to decided on how to quilt it! :)