Pages

10 Apr 2022

Rainbow Scrap Challenge -Pink

The colour for Aprils Rainbow Scrap Challenge is pink and I have a lot of pink in my scrap bins. I've made some more blocks for my Carolina Chain Quilt.

Blocks with dark centres...

 

Blocks with light centres...



The last week I haven't done a lot of sewing as I've been decluttering around the house and folding more fabric onto comic book boards. Almost all the fabric is sorted now and it certainly helps me see what needs to be used up and what colours I have plenty of.  




I've started walking again in the mornings & this is the view on the path I've been walking this last week. The trees are all starting to change colour and the weather is perfect. It's so nice to not have to rush back home to get to work on time anymore. I can leave a bit later and just take as long as I like - retirement is good!


Linking up to So Scrappy  & Quilting is more fun than housework.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Retirement certainly is good, although it may take you a while to settle into it. What I particularly appreciated was not having to get up at 5.30am and out the door at 6.30am. It took ages to stop waking up so early! But then, I could turn over and go back to sleep for an hour or so. Happy stitching.

T'Pol said...

The Fall is my favorite season but, this year the winter was cold, snowy and long so I am looking forward to the Summer. On seeing your Fall picture for a moment I said "Wait a minute!?" and instantly I remembered you live in Australia. Lol! Enjoy your quilting projects.

Pamela Arbour said...

Love your blocks, and sorting, and scenery! I can't seem to get the hang of retirement. I still wake up early as always and don't get near as much done as planned!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You made good use of those PINK Scraps for the RSC and your fabric shelves look fabulous!! That looks like a lovely place to take a walk. Congrats on learning to enjoy your retirement!

SAM said...

You have a very organized sewing space. I'm not sure if I'm motivated or deflated. The walking area looks lovely. Fall/autumn for you I guess.

Jan said...

It's so nice not to have to rush around of a morning anymore.

Jan said...

Yes, it's my favourite too, I love all the colours & the leaves on the ground. I'm hoping our winter is not too cold this year.

Jan said...

I know what you mean - It's amazing how quick the time goes now when you can spend the day doing whatever you want to to do.

Jan said...

It's so nice to finally have the time 'play' in my sewing room lol!

Jan said...

It was pretty messy up until recently. It's much easier to get organised now that I'm home all the time.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Great use of those pink scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!