Pages

22 Jan 2022

Sweet Dreams!

I haven't had as much time to sew as I'd like as I'm still working from home for first term and its been much busier than I expected. I try and get a bit of sewing in early in the day, before we walk each morning.

At the moment I'm enjoying doing Pat Sloans  'Sweet Dreams' sew-a-long. It has a weekly block & runs until May with three blocks made so far:

I chose this fabric from my stash first to base the colour scheme around, I just love the colour combination, it's nice and bright and cheerful:


Then I pulled these two gorgeous fabrics from my stash to use for fussy cutting


and lastly these to add some light and dark and pick up on the orange & yellow tones in the other fabrics:


My first block I had to unpick and redo as I am not the greatest at flying geese. I really am out of practice & it showed but it looks better now:


Block two was a heart:


and the third block is probably one the prettiest I've ever made - I just love this block! I'm going to have to make more...  I fussy cut the tree and it was the perfect size:

 I'm enjoying 'playing' with my fabrics again and going through patterns and unfinished projects, folding and re-organising fabric. I bought some comic book boards to use so that will be a fun job. My sewing room declutter has stalled but there will be plenty of time for that again soon when I retire. I'm just not going to rush anything anymore, no more deadlines, just enjoying the day and doing things at a more relaxed pace from now on.

 I've had quite a few new visitors to my blog, "welcome' and thanks for visiting, Feel free to join the conversation in the comments and leave a link if you have a blog so I can visit or follow for updates.  

Well its time for lunch here and then I might get back to Rhododendron Trail for the afternoon. 

“We stitch together quilts of meaning to keep us warm and safe, with whatever patches of beauty and utility we have on hand.”
― Anne Lamott

4 comments:

SAM said...

I really like the last pattern. Such cute fabric.

Out My window said...

So beautiful, I am jealous, I could never do something that pretty or well.

Jan said...

The block was the perfect size to show that fabric off I think.

Jan said...

yes you could! If you can sew a straight line & cut a straight line you can do quilting & I know you can do both! :)