Pages

25 Dec 2021

Merry Christmas!

 Its a lovely Christmas morning here. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and theres a nice cool breeze. Heres hoping it doesn't warm up too much as the day goes on.

Yesterday I finished up the management role that I've been doing this year. I'm relieved that its done and dusted. It's just been one of the busiest, stressful work roles I've had. I slept like a baby last night. 

I went into the office a few days this week and cleaned out all my cupboards & filing cabinets, bought home all my own stuff from my office and took the pictures down from the walls. Lots of happy memories going through everything! 

 I did a lot of shredding and sorting of paper files. I have one pile of about 30 files that I need to go through and about a weeks worth of data entry to do and then I am completely up to date, ready to walk out the door for good in 90 days. 

I wanted to get it done in case we had to work from home again due to Omricon and its good thing that I did as we are now working from home until February. But now I am just there to finish up and handover. My mind is already in retirement mode!

We will be having a quiet Christmas today and we'll catch up with family via zoom. We always have a traditional roast dinner at lunch time which I'm looking forward to. 

 I have two weeks of holidays now and will be back to blogging more regularly again. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your encouragement & comments over this last year.  Wishing you all a safe and happy Christmas and a peaceful holiday season.

"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future." Agnes Pahro. 


10 comments:

slugmama said...

Merry Christmas to you too Just Baggage. 8-) And congrats on your retirement!

SAM said...

Congratulations! I hope you keep sleeping well and enjoy retirement. Merry Christmas!

Shelley said...

You've accomplished so much! Merry Christmas!

Practical Parsimony said...

Congratulations on retirement and sleeping well.

Jan said...

thanks sluggy, hope you have lovely Christmas!

Jan said...

Best sleep I've had in quite a while! I'm sure not thinking about work will make the difference.

Jan said...

Thanks :) its a good feeling!

Jan said...

Thanks Shelley, it feels good to be almost done. Merry Christmas!

T'Pol said...

Merry Christmas! Wishing you a wonderful New Year! Good Luck on the new chapter in your life. A well deserved retirement to be sure.

Jan said...

Thanks T'Pol! :)