Pages

28 Jul 2018

Good news!

Well the good news is that DH still has a job!  His job will be part-time and he will be paid out for the days lost. So his actual income will stay the same for a few months while that payout happens. It really the best option we could hope for in the current workplace environment. Someone else was laid off yesterday so we're just glad he's still got a job.

So in looking at our finances my first goal now is to pay down the redraw to $0 and then cancel it. Then we'll get back to our mortgage payoff goal.

This weekend I'm finishing up our tax paperwork so I can submit it next week. Our tax return will go a long way to reducing the redraw.

Its a relief to know whats happening and now we can get on with redoing the budget.

In other good news I checked our superannuation fund and we have reached our goal for for 2018 - $380,000 in retirement funds!   and theres still five months of the year left.  Thats two goals for the year achieved and three more to go (mortgage $100,000, redraw $0 & weight 70kgs).

Time to go - I'm heading outside to try and watch the lunar eclipse.

9 comments:

One Family said...

That is good news your DH still has his job. I'm sure it was stressful not knowing for sure.

T'Pol said...

That's very good news! I am so glad for you and your husband.

slugmama said...

Now that that shoe has dropped(or not dropped but got laced up lol)you can plan the finances going forward. I'm glad he's still employed.

Kim said...

Yay, I was hoping for good news. Congrats on working your goals.

Jan said...

yes, its the not knowing that I can't stand, at least once you know, you can make a plan.

Jan said...

thanks, its a relief!

Jan said...

ha, laced up is good! yes, we're very fortunate he wasn't one of the ones laid off.

Jan said...

thanks Kim!

Cheapchick said...

Really good news - at least now you can plan financially without things being up in the air