Pages

25 Jul 2018

Free groceries & job interview

Well my job interview went well yesterday. The work doesn't start till later in the year and it would be a few hours a week online with an option to increase hours later if I wanted to. But on considering it overnight I've decided not to go ahead with it. 

Its the same sort of work I talked to another company about earlier in the year but at a lot less pay. That company was OK with me contacting them again when I decide I want to do some work which I plan on doing when my current extra job ends. Since the first business pays a much higher rate, I'll go with them when I'm ready.

What has been good is that the interview has really boosted my confidence that will be able to earn some extra income after I retire if I want. So it was worth it for that alone. Plus its reassuring to have years of experience recognised instead of age being a problem.

Yesterday I received a $50 Coles voucher in the mail. Often I do surveys for students gathering data and at the end some of them offer a gift card prize draw. I always enter as I know most people won't. Well now I'll be getting $50 worth of free groceries! 

4 comments:

slugmama said...

Woohoo for free groceries!!!

Kim said...

Yes, it's good when experience is appreciated and rewarded. Glad you have options for the future. I recently found your blog from Double Debt Single Woman, but then I couldn't access it the last few days - said it was by invitation only. I've been trying to find blogs with those who are preparing for retirement so will enjoy following your journey.

Linda said...

Free groceries are always a big win!

Jan said...

HI Kim, welcome! :) I accidentally hit the wrong button and made my blog private a few days ago - only found out this morning so have fixed it now. I