Pages

19 Dec 2017

What a difference a day makes...

I was feeling pretty down about DH's work to get cut back in six months after we had spent quite some time working out the calculations for our retirement in five years time. But the following day I was asked to apply for some online contract work with a company I had recently registered with.

Today I spoke with them and if I get the work it would pay three times the rate of pay of I currently earn! I am gobsmacked at the pay rate, I've done similar work in the past but the rate was a third less, minus me paying for room rental and GST which reduced it down to the same as what I earn at work. I will have no overheads with this as I'll work from home.

My plan is to take on some extra work and pay it all off the mortgage. 12 hours a week would double my current income, though I probably won't do that much. But if working online can get me to retirement sooner I'm in! So tomorrow I have to redo my resume, set up my online profiles and get photos done then complete my application.

I'd love to be able to leave my job before five years  - who knows - this might be an option that allows me to do that.

No comments: