Pages

1 Dec 2020

November progress report

 Time for another monthly update.

Mortgage

  • current balance: $66,976
  • down from: $68,752
  • total reduction: $1,776
November is a huge month of bills for us so we paid less off the mortgage than usual.

Savings

  • total: $551,030
  • up from: $522,775
  • total increase:$28,255
Great to see our savings going up again! 

Work

I've been learning a new stats program that we start using in 2021 which will save us a lot of time. There could be an option for me to work at a higher grade job next year so I've been talking with my manager about that. This could also open up an opportunity for me to go part time in 12+ months which might be a very nice step towards retirement. Unfortunately I can't just be appointed internally, it has to go to open application so I've dusted off my very old resume for an update over the Christmas break. 

Home

I made some progress in the sewing room and laundry with the decluttering. Not much else got done this month.

Health

Unfortunately my walking attempts seem to aggravating my arthritis so its very slow and steady. I'm aiming to walk every third day and halve the distance to see if that makes a difference. 

I'm looking forward to planning 2021 and setting my goals. Only eight days to work and then holidays!

2 comments:

Out My window said...

Your blog gives me hope as we now owe about as much as you on our house. I am looking forward to paying this off in the next couple of years.

Jan said...

Its going to be a good day when we get rid of these mortgages Kim!