Pages

6 Jul 2020

Monday, Monday...

I'm going to try an post more often. I feel I'm slipping into a bit of a 'rut' of just keeping busy to distract myself but not really getting anything much done, so I'm hoping if I blog more I'll get a bit more motivation in these strange 'covid' times.

Last Friday DH had to put the car in for repairs. I'd budgeted $350 but apparently it needed more repairs than DH expected as the final bill came to just over $1000!  So I raided the emergency fund to cover it.

I think I need a bigger emergency fund. Or I might just keep more in the offset account for a while until this pandemic situation is more settled.

Each Sunday we try and prep something for the freezer. Yesterday DD cooked up a huge batch of bolognaise sauce and then made two large trays of lasagna and 16 individual serves of meat sauce. I love the way the house smells when cooking lasagna & it tasted great.

My plans for today in between work, is to catch up on my crotchet, my temperature blanket is quite behind, and to do some decluttering in the pantry.

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

If I had that much lasagna in the house, I would eat a helping three times a day and maybe for a snack until it was gone. I love lasagna. What is a temperature blanket?

Jan said...

We just had it for lunch! Its the ultimate comfort food I think - I love it! A temperature blanket is where each day you crotchet one row & the colour is chosen according to the temperature. I use a new colour every 2 degree. I'll post a pic tomorrow so you can see how its going.