Pages

28 Mar 2020

Working from home - finally

Well I am now officially working from home- I pretty much told my boss that I was no longer coming in, its far too dangerous and I could either work from home or go on leave.

My immediate boss is very supportive and bang - it was arranged just like that. The relief was enormous.

DD found out last night that she will also be working from home now. She needs to go in to the office on Monday morning to get some supplies and then the three of us are staying put in this house.

We have plenty of food in the stockpile and once we make it past the 21 days we'll know that we don't have this virus.

DS is still working which worries me. He's in an office and they are taking all precautions but I am hoping they will close this week. 

The numbers in our town have gone up including some medical staff from the hospital. It still all feels a bit surreal. I'm glad most people seem to be just self isolating despite the slowness of our governments response and increasingly confusing directions. 

So this weekend I need to create two more workspaces at home and I have some cooking to do. I am looking forward to having some time to get in and do some jobs around the house and garden and possibly use up more of my fabric and yarn stash in the coming months.


2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

So glad your boss was supportive. I am so so glad we work from home right now. 1 kid expects to be laid off from his commercial plumbing job but he is ok to go on unemployment insurance. 1 kid still works with the public though, she is trying to be careful but has no option except to work to pay her bills

Jan said...

me too, she was so helpful. I think it was the higher up management that has been holding out for so long. I expect my son will probably be laid off soon but he will be OK on benefits. Its impossible not to worry about our kids no matter their age. I really feel for the people still having to go to work